Search

RUNNING, HIKING, WALKING


Photo by Dave Powers

If you’re a runner, you have a bunch of opportunities to enhance your t-shirt collection this fall, while supporting Golden’s schools.

Sunday, September 20thCoyote 5K Classic and 1 Mile Fun Run– benefits Shelton Elementary
Saturday, September 26thDemon Dash 2015 5K Run/Walk and One Mile Fun Run– benefits Golden High School
Sunday, September 27thGolden Gallop 5K, 10K, and Kids Fun Run– benefits the Golden Schools Foundation
Sunday, October 4thGrizzly Growl 5K– benefits Maple Grove Elementary


This Sunday (September 20th), join Rocky Mountain Human Services at Lions Park for a fun-filled day of hiking in support of Colorado’s Veterans. The Colorado Hike for Honor is a family (and dog!) friendly event offering two hiking trails of varied difficulty along with a fun filled after party in the park. All proceeds from the Colorado Hike for Honor–Golden will benefit Operation TBI Freedom (OTF), a program of Rocky Mountain Human Services that gives service members and Veterans with traumatic brain injury the tools to reconnect with their families and live productive, self-sufficient lives. CH4H-Golden is dedicated to these wounded heroes – the 1% of Americans who fought for the security and freedom of the other 99%. More information and registration.


Tomorrow morning from 10-12, take the Gold Rush Days Walking Tour with the Golden History Center.  Visit historic sites along Clear Creek in Golden as well as the downtown historic buildings and Victorian cottages in the historic districts. Historian and storyteller Ed Weising will guide you through Golden’s history and take you inside the historic buildings at the Clear Creek History Park. Members $10; non-members $15. Walking tours leave from the Golden History Center. More information.